Individuals can join OUSRC as social members or squad members. Squad members are selected and must be eligible to represent the University of Oxford in BUCS fixtures. Oxford University enter two male and two female teams into the BUCS competitions, who have typically featured in the top divisions. The squad typically trains 3-4 times per week. Social members can be university students, university staff, or individuals from the Oxford community.
Join here: Membership Form 2019/2020
Benefits of becoming a member (2019-2020)
Social members (£60/year for university students, £75/year for university staff, £120 for community members) can:
- Book of Iffley courts for free (avoiding the usual £5.60 fee for each 45 minute court booking)
- Join the ladder (play other Oxford players year round)
- Purchase club kit
- Receive coaching once a week (Sundays)
- Discounted Karakal gear – 40%
- Attend social events (an array of dinners, crew dates, pub crawls, and even visits to PSL matches)
- And more…
Squad members (£100/year for university students) can get all the above benefits from being a social member, and:
- Represent the University of Oxford in BUCs fixtures, varsity matches, and exclusive fixtures (i.e. Queens, Jesters, RAC, O&C, etc).
- Receive coaching twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Additional Karakal discount
- Purchase exclusive club kit
- Receive a free ‘dark blue’ shirt
- Additional exclusive benefits with Karakal and other sponsors
New to Oxford in 2019/2020 (Freshers!):
Oxford Squash will be posting information about how to join and where to find us in the weeks heading up to term start. We’ll be at the Freshers Fair (early October) and squad trials are will be on the weekend of 0-week in October this year. Squad teams are typically selected during the week after trials.
It’s important to wait til after trials before purchasing membership (so you don’t select the wrong one). If you’re not selected in a squad, by no means are you excluded from the club – we run social sessions, club coaching and a club ladder. Many players have successfully been selected in a squad later in the year, having advanced in standard.
Please keep an eye on this page and also our social media (facebook) for continuing information. We look forward to you joining the club!
Questions? Please direct any further membership enquiries to our Members’ Officer.