Racism Awareness, Hate Crime & Discrimination Session
Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:00- 15:30
An introduction to the subject, suitable for the community, professionals and volunteers alike.
· The prevalence of hate crime
· Equality Law in the UK
· The 4 types of discrimination
· How to identify discrimination
· What a hate incident is and what a hate crime is
· Cases of hate crime and how they have impacted UK legislation
· Current legislation around hate crime
· How to identify hate crime
· How hate crime affects people
· Ongoing challenges in relation to hate crime
· Barriers to reporting hate crime / incidents
· How third party centres support victims
· The importance or reporting & how to report
Once registered with Eventbrite a Zoom meeting link will be circulated to you.
Here is a link to Eventbrite, once you have registered the Zoom joining details will be sent to you. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Support for Community Buildings
Below you will find links to a series of useful PDF documents on issues including Health & Safety Guidance and Insurance which are available for reference and for use when planning to re-open a community building.
- TSSW Information sheet on Re-opening Village Halls
- Returning to Work Safely poster
- Return to Work Guidance Manual
- Hall Management Risk Assessment – sample template
- Hirers of Halls Risk Assessment – sample template
- Example of Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 First Aid Box suggested supplies
- PCC Briefing note to Charities & Not For Profit Organisations on Rate Relief
If you would like more information then in the first instance please email Vanessa John at PAVS on firstname.lastname@example.org