There are new COVID-19 rules coming into force on Friday this week 4th December 2020. They mean that certain venues will need to close at 6pm and that Public Houses and Restaurants will not be able to serve alcohol inside, but for takeaway only if they have an ‘offsales’ licence.
PAVS Funding Fair for 2020 was a ‘virtual’ affair and was held from Monday 16th – Friday 20th November 2020 via ZOOM.
On Monday 10th August 2020, a ‘Holding Message’ was released by the Welsh Government stating that new guidance is being released next week on when Community Halls may re-open. The notice stated that:-
- Community Halls have been given notice that there is new guidance being delivered next week from Welsh Government which gives them the imminent go-ahead to re-open their halls.
Until this guidance is received you should remain closed unless you are delivering essential/pandemic services.
As soon as this guidance is received by PAVS we will inform you.
- Community Halls no longer have to seek permission from their local authority to re-open their halls. Instead it is only ‘recommended’ that you notify the local authority on when you plan to re-open.
Pembrokeshire County Council are also awaiting next week’s guidance from the Welsh Government. When they have it they will issue PAVS with the contact details of the designated person to receive your intention to re-open.
- Welsh Government have agreed to align all of their guidance issued forthwith to reflect that it also applies to community halls, if applicable.
- Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) is also issuing a revised information sheet next week taking the new guidance into account. As soon as we have it PAVS will send it to you.
- We are hoping that both the new guidance from the Welsh Government and the WCVA will be issued before the Pembrokeshire Community Building Zoom which is taking place next Thursday from 3 – 4.30 pm. To book your place at the Zoom please use this Eventbrite link here and Zoom details will be sent to you shortly.
Please continue your preparations to re-open your hall and ensure that you have all Risk Assessments, Track and Trace Procedures, Signage, Hygiene and Social Distancing measures in place ready to do so.